Our church has a number of thriving ministries that can support you if you’re in need, or you can join if you’re looking to get connected. We have something for everyone!
See an alphabetical list of our ministries below.
ADVOCATES FOR LIFE
Advocates For Life is a ministry which seeks to rescue babies through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those serving go directly to places where we know voiceless babies’ lives are being imminently threatened. This mission on behalf of the unborn is accomplished by standing on the sidewalks outside of abortion clinics and lovingly confronting mothers, fathers, employees and other individuals who are complicit with respect to abortions.For more information regarding our Advocates for Life Ministry, please contact Caleb Falbo 412-378-3479 firstname.lastname@example.org . Caleb will be happy to answer your questions and inform you regarding Advocates for Life prerequisites, expectations and training.
Meets Friday mornings to assemble the Sunday service bulletins and help with other administrative tasks. Contact: Kirsten Kopf, 412-741-4900, ext.120 or email@example.com.
Provides meals to Christ Church members following surgery, illness, or the birth of a child. We are always in need of people willing to cook a meal. Contact: Kathy Mariana at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-200-0317.
Responsible for the care and preparation of the Lord’s Table and adornment of the church with floral arrangements and decoration of the church for special occasions and holidays. We set up for Sunday services, special services throughout the year, memorial/funeral services, baptisms, and weddings. Contact: Susan Aleshire, 412-741-4900, ext. 127 or email@example.com.
COLLEGE & CAREER MINISTRY
We look at who you are, what kind of person you want to become, and how to be faithful to God through it all. This group is for anyone between the ages of 18 & 24 who are in college, taking a gap year, or in the work force. Bring your friends! Contact: David Sadd, 412-741-4900, ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFO
Christ Church staff are available to counsel and assist members at various important stages in their lives including pre-marital counseling, baptism preparation, marriage counseling, and the grieving process. To set up a counseling session with any of the pastors, contact: Rev. Barry Mariana, 412-741-4900, ext. 115. MORE INFO
Count Sunday offering. Volunteers are scheduled on an every other Monday rotation for two hours. Contact: Cliff Aleshire, 412-741-6126.
Weekly printing of our Sunday service sheets and inserts. Serve one Wednesday afternoon a month. Training provided. Contact Kirsten Kopf, 412-741-4900, ext. 120 or email@example.com
Photographers, videographers, social media content and marketing, graphic design, writing, and website content. If you are interested in any of these areas, volunteer with us! Time commitment is anytime you are available. Very flexible. Contact Michele Bender, 412-741-4900, ext. 142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media Ministry: We prepare and distribute copies of sermons, series and other talks in order to help spread the Word to our guests and congregants. We serve after each service on Sundays, so you can choose the slot that fits best for you. Contact Ed Sciulli for more information at email@example.com, or @ccgf_ed on twitter.
- Tech Team: We are the support team for all that is seen on Sunday mornings. If you have an artistic or technical leaning, we would love to speak with you. We have opportunities in video, lighting, and audio, as well as in helping to run the services from the booth and backstage.
- Set Design/Build: Looking to build a team of men and women to help with building and painting sets and props for different occasions and ministry series at different times through out the year.
A weekly support group for those going through a separation or divorce. Find help, discover hope, experience healing. Monday evenings at 7:00 pm in the Farmhouse. You are welcome to begin attending at any time. Each session is “self-contained.” Call for current session info. Contact: Susan Dwyer, 724-242-0939. MORE INFO
Help prepare mailings, make follow up calls, and/or serve as host or hostess preparing and serving light refreshments and greeting guests. Fellowships are 3-4 hours once a month on Sundays. Contact Nancy Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re the first people you meet at the door on Sunday mornings and during special events! Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome and loved. Contact: Nancy Kramer, 412-741-4900, ext. 156.
GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. It may be hard to feel optimistic about the future right now. If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member or friend, you’ve probably found that there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. That’s the reason for GriefShare, a special support group for people grieving the loss of someone close. Our GriefShare support group meets every Thursday evening at 6:30 pm in the Farmhouse. Call for current session info. Contact: Ed Santavicca, 412-559-1168. MORE INFO
Prepare and serve food for Christ Church funerals/memorial services and special events. Serve as needed. Contact: Kathy Mariana at email@example.com or
Children are an integral part of our church family. We realize the importance of nurturing the seed of faith in even the youngest among us. From Nursery to Preschool Ministry to Kids’ Church, there’s always something going on for kids. MORE INFO
Contact Bethany Raraigh, Kids’ Ministry Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fellowship for knitters and compassionate care through prayer shawl gifts. We knit prayer shawls and blankets to be given to those ill, hospitalized and new mothers. “Knitting Sittings” every Tuesday. 12-2 pm in the Farmhouse Great Room. Yarn provided. Contact: Terri Bodnar, 724-612-7108, email@example.com
The place to go after worship services for food and fellowship. Take out available. Proceeds benefit the Urban Impact Foundation. If you would like to serve in this ministry, you can work behind the counter on Sundays preparing and serving food, and cleaning up. Café proceeds benefit Urban Impact Foundation (UIF). Servers are asked to work at least one shift/month. Café servers also meet with Pastor Ed Glover twice/year to hear about the Urban Impact Ministry and how the cafe funds are helping. Contact Cece Poister, 412-716-9952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ministry team leads the congregationin the reading of Scripture and assists in serving communion. Contact: John Poister, email@example.com
Help stuff envelopes and label postcards. No experience necessary. Serve only occasionally. Contact Kirsten Kopf, 412-741-4900, ext. 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipping men of all ages for a deeper relationship with Christ, cultivating relationships, and developing them as world-changers. Contact: Mike Davis, Coordinator of Men’s Ministry at email@example.com or 412-965-6053. MORE INFO
Christ Church partners and supports missions both locally and globally.We encourage the congregation to “go out” and bring help and hope to those who need to know the good news of Jesus Christ. Contact: Kathy Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-741-4900, ext. 155. MORE INFO
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ name through the power of a simple gift. Serve by handing out, collecting, and delivering shoeboxes to collection sites. Once a year in November. Contact Susan Aleshire, 412-741-4900, ext.127 or email@example.com.
- Prayer Team: Prayer Team: Teams of two are stationed at the prayer rails following Sunday services to pray for anyone in need. Serve after the service you attend as your schedule allows. If you would like to be a part of our team: 9:00 am service Contact: Ron Shay, 412-264-1429. 11:15 am service Contact: Louise Pickett, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intercessory Prayer Chain: Be an intercessory prayer warrior. Be on a team who prays for specific prayer requests as needed. Contact Debbie Huffmyer, 412-741-4900, x143 or email@example.com.
- Monthly Prayer: We invite you to join us on the first Saturday of every month at 9:00 am in the Chapel as we pray for our marriages, families and our church. Contact: Carla Batch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer for Adult Children: As parents, we know that just because our children are grown doesn’t mean our job is done. Join us as we pray for our adult children the last Sunday of each month, 11:15 am – 12:15 pm in the Chapel.No RSVP needed. Contact: Doug and Sarah Manges, 412-445-6300.
- Chapel Prayer: Sunday mornings at 8:30 am. Praying for our services, our pastors, and our people. Contact: Carla Batch, email@example.com
- Weekly Men’s Prayer Groups: Praying for Our men, Our families, Our church leadership and Our world.Tuesday mornings at 6:30 AM in front of the Sanctuary.Tuesday afternoons at 12:30 PM in the Cry Room in back of the Sanctuary.Contact Dave Drab @ 724.650.5885 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Davis @ 412.965.6053 / email@example.com
PRIMETIMERS (Ages 55 +)
There is no such thing as retirement in the body of Christ. That’s why we call ages 55 and up “prime time.” Seniors are the backbone of our congregation, and they provide countless hours of service to our church. Our Primetimers ministry offers a monthly fellowship with a speaker and lunch where seniors can connect, pray, and simply relax and enjoy one another’s company. Contact: Chuck Gerdes, 724-776-1146. MORE INFO
This ministry replenishes various supplies in the pew racks on a weekly basis. Serve once per month. Contact: Marian Pond, 412-264-0217.
Volunteers who greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, respond to general inquiries and help with light office work. Serve 4 hours per week. Choose your day and time slot. Monday through Friday. Contact: Kirsten Kopf, 412-741-4900, ext.120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOVERY SUPPORT MINISTRY
Whether recovery is new to you, or you’ve been there before, Christ Church’s Recovery Support Ministry strengthens your faith through Bible-based discussion following a 12-step program. Our Recovery Support Ministry is open to those seeking guidance and support for alcohol and drug dependency and addiction. Let’s walk along the road to recovery together. Monday evenings, 7:00 – 8:30 pm in the Barn beginning September 9, 2019. Contact: Marcia Bondi email@example.com or 412-417-0026 or Eileen Granata firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-952-6671. . MORE INFO
SERVING OUR SENTINELS
Assisting the severely wounded Veterans in efforts to transition back into civilian life. Meetings are the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Cry Room at Christ Church and always welcome new members. Please join us anytime! Contact: Doug & Bea Miller, email@example.com.
At Christ Church, we value community. Whether you are new to Christ Church, or you are a long time member, we are sure you will find there are a many ways to connect with others. Our Small Groups are intended to help you connect with God, and with people to grow in your faith. In addition, we find that they are a place to share your struggles and joys, and gain strength for daily life as we care and support one another by sharing and praying for each other. Small Group leaders and hosts are a valued and essential part of our Small Group Ministry. Consider leading or hosting a group. Contact: Pastor Bob Mason, 412-741-4900, ext. 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFO
Teenagers are an important part of our church family. They exhibit unparalleled energy and enthusiasm for sharing the Gospel, both in their everyday lives and through missions trips across the globe. Our student ministry engages middle- and high-school students in a way that is culturally relevant, biblically challenging, and most of all—fun!
- High School Ministry Team: We need adults to minister to teenagers, grades 9-12, by building relationships, leading small groups, playing games, and various other activities during our weekly programs, monthly events, and after school visits. Commitment varies from 3-10 hours per week.Prerequisite: love Jesus Christ and want to make a difference in the lives of teenagers. Clearances required. Contact: Kirsten Kopf, 412-741-4900, ext. 120 or email@example.com. MORE INFO
- Middle School Ministry (AMPED): Make a difference in the life of student! Do you like Middle School students or are you still one at heart? We love to have fun from airsoft to crazy games, retreats, mission trips and summer camps. Our main program meets on Wednesday nights. Its your chance to hang with students, work the snack bar, run tech or be part of a small group. Clearances required. Contact: Robby Grunwald, firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFO
Ushers warmly welcome all attendees, collect the offering, and provide direction and information on Sunday mornings and at other special events. Contact: Jim Britsch, 412-680-6575
A welcome center for first-time visitors and for all church-related information. Located in Minton Commons. Contact: Nancy Kramer, 412-741-4900, ext. 156.
WINN (Widows Identifying a New Normal)
The WINN ministry is a fellowship of vibrant, active women of God who come together with a common bond to support, love and encourage one another. We warmly welcome all widows, regardless of their age or season of life. We offer a variety of activities throughout the year including luncheons, outings, prayer, and service projects. Contact: Carla Batch, 412-474-3557. MORE INFO.
At Christ Church, we want women to feel connected, to develop lifelong friendships, and to grow in Christ by learning more about Him and His word. We offer opportunities to connect for women in all seasons of life. Women of all ages share their talents to execute Women’s Ministry events. Help with promotion, online and in-person registration, greeting, decorating, cooking, serving, or clean-up. Sign up to be on a contact sheet for upcoming events and serve as you are able! Contact: Carla Batch at 412-741-4900, ext. 117 or email@example.com MORE INFO
WOMEN’S CANCER CONNECTION
A support group for women who are cancer survivors, presently undergoing treatment or recently diagnosed. Meetings are on the third Tuesday of the month, 6:30 -8:30 pm, in Fellowship Hall. Contact Bernice Masters: 412-443-8451.
Men lend their time and talents to help tackle an array of projects around the church. We meet every Tuesday at 9:00 am. Serve weekly or just once in awhile. Lunch is provided. Contact Ed Trosky, 412-741-4900, ext. 124.
WORSHIP (MUSIC) MINISTRY
In addition to the above ministries, Christ Church is pleased to be the host church for
Bible Study Fellowship (BSF): Wednesdays at 9:30 am. September through May.
Community Bible Study (CBS): Mondays, 7:00 pm. September through May.
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS): Every other Thursday, 9:30 am. September through May