Our church has a number of thriving ministries that can support you if you’re in need, or you can join if you’re looking to get connected. We have something for everyone!
See an alphabetical list of our ministries below.
A place to grow, connect and serve through Christ. Are you north of 50? Then 50 North is your next chapter. Through 50 North, dreams are invigorated, undiscovered passions are ignited, and new goals are set. MORE INFO
B1 (YOUNG MARRIED COUPLES)
B1 is a couple’s community for supporting and strengthening young marriages. Sunday morningS in the Barn at 10:00 am starting on October 10, 2021. MORE INFO
Provides meals to Christ Church members following surgery, illness, or the birth of a child. We are always in need of people willing to cook a meal. Contact: Kathy Mariana at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-200-0317.
Whether recovery is new to you, or you’ve been there before, Christ Church’s Celebrate Recovery strengthens your faith through Bible-based discussion following a 12-step program. struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place to find community and freedom from the issues – the hurts, habits, & hang-ups – that are controlling our life. Let’s walk along the road to recovery together. Monday evenings, 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Christ Church. Contact: Marcia Bondi email@example.com or 412-417-0026. MORE INFO
Responsible for the care and preparation of the Lord’s Table and adornment of the church with floral arrangements and decoration of the church for special occasions and holidays. We set up for Sunday services, special services throughout the year, memorial/funeral services, baptisms, and weddings. Contact: Susan Aleshire, 412-741-4900, ext. 127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLEGE & CAREER MINISTRY
We look at who you are, what kind of person you want to become, and how to be faithful to God through it all. This group is for anyone between the ages of 18 & 24 who are in college, taking a gap year, or in the work force. Bring your friends! Contact: David Sadd, 412-741-4900, ext. 111 or email@example.com. MORE INFO
Christ Church staff are available to counsel and assist members at various important stages in their lives including pre-marital counseling, baptism preparation, marriage counseling, and the grieving process. To set up a counseling session with any of the pastors, contact: Debbie Huffmyer at 412-741-4900, ext. 143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Count Sunday offering. Volunteers are scheduled on an every other Monday rotation for two hours. Contact: Cliff Aleshire, 412-741-6126.
Photographers, videographers, social media content and marketing, graphic design, writing, and website content. If you are interested in any of these areas, volunteer with us! Time commitment is anytime you are available. Very flexible. Contact Michele Bender, 412-741-4900, ext. 142 or email@example.com.
- Tech Team: We are the support team for all that is seen on Sunday mornings. If you have an artistic or technical leaning, we would love to speak with you. We have opportunities in video, lighting, and audio, as well as in helping to run the services from the booth and backstage.
- Set Design/Build: Looking to build a team of men and women to help with building and painting sets and props for different occasions and ministry series at different times through out the year.
A weekly support group for those going through a separation or divorce. Find help, discover hope, experience healing. Monday evenings at 7:00 pm in the Farmhouse. You are welcome to begin attending at any time. Each session is “self-contained.” Call for current session info. Contact: Susan Dwyer, 724-242-0939. MORE INFO
We’re the first people you meet at the door on Sunday mornings and during special events! Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome and loved. Contact: Julian Carillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. MORE INFO
Thursdays | 6:30-9:00 pm | Contact Ed Santavicca 412-559-1168.
Prepare and serve food for Christ Church funerals/memorial services and special events. Serve as needed. Contact: Kathy Mariana at email@example.com or 412-200-0317.
Children are an integral part of our church family. We realize the importance of nurturing the seed of faith in even the youngest among us. From Nursery to Preschool Ministry to Kids’ Church, there’s always something going on for kids. MORE INFO
Contact Bethany Raraigh, Kids’ Ministry Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fellowship for knitters and compassionate care through prayer shawl gifts. We knit prayer shawls and blankets to be given to those ill, hospitalized, and new mothers. “Knitting Sittings” every Tuesday. 12-2 pm in the Farmhouse Great Room. Yarn provided. Contact: Terri Bodnar, 724-612-7108, email@example.com
The place to go after worship services for food and fellowship. Take out available. Proceeds benefit the Urban Impact Foundation. If you would like to serve in this ministry, you can work behind the counter on Sundays preparing and serving food, and cleaning up. Café proceeds benefit Urban Impact Foundation (UIF). Servers are asked to work at least one shift/month. Café servers also meet with Pastor Ed Glover twice/year to hear about the Urban Impact Ministry and how the cafe funds are helping. Contact Cece Poister, 412-716-9952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ministry team leads the congregation in the reading of Scripture and assists in serving communion. Contact: John Poister, email@example.com
Help stuff envelopes and label postcards. No experience necessary. Serve only occasionally. Contact Travis Rogan, 412-741-4900, ext. 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipping men of all ages for a deeper relationship with Christ, cultivating relationships, and developing them as world-changers. Contact: Mike Davis, Coordinator of Men’s Ministry at email@example.com or 412-965-6053. MORE INFO
Christ Church partners and supports missions both locally and globally. We encourage the congregation to “go out” and bring help and hope to those who need to know the good news of Jesus Christ. Contact: Kathy Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-741-4900, ext. 155. MORE INFO
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ name through the power of a simple gift. Serve by handing out, collecting, and delivering shoeboxes to collection sites. Once a year in November. Contact Susan Aleshire, 412-741-4900, ext.127 or email@example.com.
Hospital and home visits and additional support for church members and their families. We are here to help in your time of need. Contact: Debbie Huffmyer at 412-741-4900, ext. 143 or firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFO
- Prayer Team: Prayer Team: Teams of two are stationed at the prayer rails following Sunday services to pray for anyone in need. Serve after the service you attend as your schedule allows. If you would like to be a part of our team: 9:00 am service Contact: Ron Shay, 412-264-1429. 11:15 am service Contact: Louise Pickett, email@example.com.
- Intercessory Prayer Chain: Be an intercessory prayer warrior. Be on a team who prays for specific prayer requests as needed. Contact Debbie Huffmyer, 412-741-4900, x143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly Prayer: We invite you to join us on the first Saturday of every month at 9:00 am in the Chapel as we pray for our marriages, families and our church. Contact: Carla Batch email@example.com
- Prayer for Adult Children: As parents, we know that just because our children are grown doesn’t mean our job is done. Join us as we pray for our adult children the last Sunday of each month, 11:15 am – 12:15 pm in the Chapel.No RSVP needed. Contact: Doug and Sarah Manges, 412-445-6300.
- Chapel Prayer: Sunday mornings at 8:30 am. Praying for our services, our pastors, and our people. Contact: Carla Batch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Men’s Prayer Groups: Praying for Our men, Our families, Our church leadership and Our world.Tuesday mornings at 6:30 AM in front of the Sanctuary.Tuesday afternoons at 12:30 PM in the Cry Room in back of the Sanctuary.Contact Dave Drab @ 724.650.5885 / email@example.com or Mike Davis @ 412.965.6053 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This ministry replenishes various supplies in the pew racks on a weekly basis. Serve once per month. Contact: Marian Pond, 412-264-0217.
Raising Arrows is a mother’s ministry of Christ Church at Grove Farm. We are dedicated to strengthening and nurturing mothers with children of ALL ages. We aim to raise our children as arrows, directing them toward the truth of God’s word and plan for their lives. Our goal is to glorify and grow closer to God through a welcoming and uplifting community. Meetings are two Thursdays a month at 9:30 am in the Rally Room (September – May) MORE INFO
Volunteers who greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, respond to general inquiries, and help with light office work. Serve 4 hours per week. Choose your day and time slot. Monday through Friday. Contact: Travis Rogan, 412-741-4900, ext.120 or email@example.com
SERVING OUR SENTINELS
SOS helps Veterans from all eras who have fallen on hard times. Working with a networking system, we are able to assist 3 to 4 Veterans per week with emergency funds–utilities, housing, food, etc. Meetings are the first Tuesday of each month, 6:30 PM in the Cry Room, and always welcome new members. Contact Doug and Bea Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Christ Church, we value community. Whether you are new to Christ Church, or you are a long-time member, we are sure you will find there are many ways to connect with others. Our Small Groups are intended to help you connect with God, and with people to grow in your faith. In addition, we find that they are a place to share your struggles and joys, and gain strength for daily life as we care for and support one another by sharing and praying for each other. Small Group leaders and hosts are a valued and essential part of our Small Group Ministry. Consider leading or hosting a group. Contact: Pastor Bob Mason, 412-741-4900, ext. 122 or email@example.com. MORE INFO
Teenagers are an important part of our church family. They exhibit unparalleled energy and enthusiasm for sharing the Gospel, both in their everyday lives and through missions trips across the globe. Our student ministry engages middle and high school students in a way that is culturally relevant, biblically challenging, and most of all—fun!
- High School Ministry Team: We need adults to minister to teenagers, grades 9-12, by building relationships, leading small groups, playing games, and various other activities during our weekly programs, monthly events, and after-school visits. Commitment varies from 3-10 hours per week. Prerequisite: love Jesus Christ and want to make a difference in the lives of teenagers. Clearances required. Contact: Jeremiah Stauffer, 412-741-4900, ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFO
- Middle School Ministry (AMPED): Make a difference in the life of students! Do you like Middle School students or are you still one at heart? We love to have fun from airsoft to crazy games, retreats, mission trips and summer camps. Our main program meets on Wednesday nights. It’s your chance to hang with students, work the snack bar, run tech or be part of a small group. Clearances required. Contact: Gideon Manges at 412-741-4900, ext. 128 or email@example.com. MORE INFO
Ushers warmly welcome all attendees, collect the offering, and provide direction and information on Sunday mornings and at other special events. Contact: Jim Britsch, 412-680-6575
A welcome center for first-time visitors and for all church-related information. Located in Minton Commons. Contact: Melissa Weaver at 412-741-4900, ext. 158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WINN (Widows Identifying a New Normal)
The WINN ministry is a fellowship of vibrant, active women of God who come together with a common bond to support, love, and encourage one another. We warmly welcome all widows, regardless of their age or season of life. We offer a variety of activities throughout the year including luncheons, outings, prayer, and service projects. Contact: Carla Batch, 412-474-3557. MORE INFO.
At Christ Church, we want women to feel connected, to develop lifelong friendships, and to grow in Christ by learning more about Him and His word. We offer opportunities to connect for women in all seasons of life. Women of all ages share their talents to execute Women’s Ministry events. Help with promotion, online and in-person registration, greeting, decorating, cooking, serving, or clean-up. Sign up to be on a contact sheet for upcoming events and serve as you are able! Contact: Carla Batch at 412-741-4900, ext. 117 or email@example.com MORE INFO
WOMEN’S CANCER CONNECTION
A support group for women who are cancer survivors, presently undergoing treatment or recently diagnosed. Meetings are on the third Tuesday of the month, 6:30 -8:30 pm, in Fellowship Hall. Contact Bernice Masters: 412-443-8451.
Men lend their time and talents to help tackle an array of projects around the church. We meet every Tuesday at 9:00 am. Serve weekly or just once in a while. Lunch is provided. Contact Ed Trosky, 412-741-4900, ext. 124.
WORSHIP (MUSIC) MINISTRY
In addition to the above ministries, Christ Church is pleased to be the host church for
Bible Study Fellowship (BSF): Wednesdays at 9:30 am. September through May.
Community Bible Study (CBS): Mondays, 7:00 pm. September through May.
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS): Every other Thursday, 9:30 am. September through May