All volunteers 18 and older are required to obtain:
- PA State Police Criminal History Report
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance from the Dept. of Human Services
- FBI Background Checks OR a signed affidavit
Please read the “Helpful Instructions” section before proceeding to make obtaining your clearances as easy as possible.
- Choose Submit a New Record Check
- Reason for Request – Volunteer FREE
- Complete all required fields indicated by * and click Next
- Verify info, then click Proceed
- Enter your personal information again and click Enter the Request, then Finished.
- Click Submit
- Click on the hyperlink for the control number.
- Click on Certification Form. You will only be permitted to access and print this one time.
- Save the certification form to your computer and email a copy to Susan Aleshire, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the link below to create your account and a Keystone ID.
- Click “Create Individual Account”. Write down your Keystone ID and the answers to the security questions. Once you have created the account, you will receive an email with your username and a second email with your password.
- Copy your password from the email and select the link for Child Welfare Portal, Choose Login then Access my clearances.
- Enter your username and password. You will change your password in the next screen. Login with the new password. Accept the terms at the bottom of the next two screens and Create Clearance Application.
- Application Purpose: Select first option: Volunteer having contact with children … then Select Other for Volunteer Category then Christ Church at Grove Farm for the Agency Name
- Work through the screens, as you complete the form.
- We do not provide an authorization code and it is not required to submit your application.
- After you have submitted your information and ended your session, you should receive an email within a few days to let you know when results are ready. You will need to log back into the portal, so be sure to remember the login and password you need for this. Print a copy or save a copy and submit to Susan Aleshire, Human Resources, at email@example.com
Follow the link for the FBI background Check OR if you have lived in the state of Pennsylvania for more than 10 years, you can fill out the affidavit below, download it, and email a copy to Susan Aleshire, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter service code: 1KG6ZJ
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment and complete all required fields indicated by *
- Print the Service Summary page and click DONE. You are now registered.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your registration.
- Take the following with you to the enrollment site:
– The Service Summary page
– The identification document you selected (the legal name must match exactly on the
identification document brought to enrollment)
– Payment ($21.95) Be sure to check acceptable methods of payment.
- Give a copy of the results to Susan Aleshire, Human Resources.
Note: You can fill out the PDF Affadavit below digitally on a desktop or laptop computer. If you are using a mobile device, you will need to download it to fill it out.