Do you know the current COVID-19 statistics?
- In Allegheny County 96% of the people age 65 to 84 have at least one COVID-19 vaccination. This group is essentially fully vaccinated.
- Since January 5th the number of new cases has dropped consistently and dramatically from over 700 per day to less than 200 per day. Similar drops are being seen in hospitalizations and deaths.
- Guidance and research shows that the benefit for masks outside is small.
- CDC guidance states that vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask inside unless in crowed indoor settings like public transportation.
- The CDC has updated their website showing that the survivability of the coronavirus on surfaces is “exceedingly small”, minimizing the risk of getting the virus from surfaces.
- Nearly all Healthcare Workers and persons living in Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF) nationwide who wanted the vaccine have received both doses. These two groups represent over 22 million people. Residents of LTCF (3.2 million) have accounted for over 50% of the people with severe COVID illness, including deaths.
Do you know what Christ Church at Grove Farm is doing to keep its congregation and visitors safe in this season?
- That CCGF, like all religious institutions, is excluded from the meeting size limitations instituted by Governor Wolf yet has in place both a comprehensive seating plan during services and facilities usage plan for other meetings and gatherings in order to maintain proper social distancing.
- That CCGF has set up COVID-19 safety protocols that meet and exceed CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- For all events and programs, including weekly worship services, CCGF practices and encourages everyday preventive actions such as individuals using their discretion in following safety procedures, washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and encouraging use of hand sanitizer.
- That at CCGF we continue to have a section in the sanctuary that is roped off at every other pew where people can remain socially distant if they so choose.
- That CCGF continues to sanitize the pews and surfaces throughout the Sanctuary, Commons, and restrooms after Sunday Services are complete.
- CCGF has offered livestream church services throughout the entire pandemic to allow all members, attenders, and guests to participate in both worship choices. Even with the church reopening, the livestream options have continued to provide alternatives to folks who feel unsafe, are older, or immunocompromised, or are unvaccinated.