Throughout the 40 Days of Prayer Walking, we will focus on several Prayer Targets. Each week our Daily Prayers will focus on the following Prayer Targets by week, however please feel free to pray every day for the following topics. Prayer points for each target are listed below. YOUR prayers for these areas can make a huge difference!
Week 1 – Government, Military and Law Enforcement
Week 2 – Media and Culture
Week 3 – Churches and Families
Week 4 – Evangelism – family, friends, and neighbors
Week 5 – Schools
Week 6 – Business, Economy, and Employment
Listed below are Prayer Points for each Prayer Target. They are a place to start, but please allow the Holy Spirit to lead your praying beyond these points!
government, military, and law enforcement
2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Pray for the healing of our nation from sin, rebellion, and a powerful satanic delusion that blinds truth – calling evil good and good evil.
- Pray for our president and all those in authority to turn to you for wisdom, guidance, and moral courage to preserve the constitution and restore unity around the founding principles of civil and religious liberty and the rule of law.
Military and Intelligence Leadership
Proverbs 11:14 – For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.
- Pray for our military leaders to seek your counsel and make wise decisions within their command, and in deploying our armed forces around the world.
- Pray that intelligence gathered is accurate and reliable, enabling leaders to minimize risk to our servicemen and woman and to triumph against foreign threats to our nation.
Military – Soldiers – Sailors – Airmen – Marines
Psalm 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Pray for our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines – that they may have strength and courage in confronting the enemy and forces of evil against our nation and our allies.
- Pray for a hedge of protection around them and that God’s mercy and grace will sustain them in body, mind, and spirt.
Law Enforcement Leaders
Proverbs 11:3 – The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them.
- Pray for federal, state, and local law enforcement leaders to lead under legitimacy of law with moral authority and to preserve law and order.
- Pray that law enforcement leaders will stand in support of officers performing their duties in earnest, and not cower in the face of perverse political pressures that put them in harm’s way.
Law Enforcement Officers
Psalm 82:3-4 – Deliver the poor and the fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
- Pray for a hedge of protection around our brave men and women who may be called to lay down their lives to assure our safety and security.
- Pray that our law enforcement officers will persevere amid public sentiments of disdain, distrust, and permissive defiance of authority – that they may remember their profession as a high-calling and noble service.
media and culture
- “Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a reproach to any people”. Proverbs 14:34 Send Your Spirit to leaders of our culture and media to convict them of sin and turn them to You so that influences in media and culture will reflect Your Truth.
- “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.” Isaiah 5:20a Father give our country discernment to distinguish between what is truly good and evil so that we can reject evil and pursue the good.
- Father, stir us to pray so that all people in America may live peaceful and quiet lives. “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- “Jesus said…’I am the way, the truth, and the life.’” John 14:6a We ask that You place Christians in more positions of influence and give them a boldness to follow Jesus and speak the Truth in love in their spheres of influence.
- We ask that voices of Truth would be lifted up in our cultural institutions and across our media. Where there is evil intent in suppressing the truth and putting forth lies, we pray that this evil would be overcome by the good of those who boldly speak the Truth in love. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
- We ask You to renew the collective thinking in our nation that our culture would not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds, that our culture would reflect what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (from Romans 12:2)
- “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 – Father we pray that the light of Christ would be reflected in our media, entertainment, recreation, cultural institutions, and local and national dialogue.
- Raise up more and more people in our culture and media who will create entertainment, recreation, games and children’s activities that are wholesome and godly. When wicked elements of our media or culture assail children, we ask that you protect them from these evil influences.
- Father we thank You that we have hope because You tell us “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4b Give all Christians a new boldness to pray, speak up and act for the good, and come against evil in our cultural institutions, media and national dialogue. Forgive us for being passive and stir us to godly action so that we might truly be salt and light in our time.
- Father, we ask Your Spirit to move across our media and culture so that “the fruit of the Spirit (which) is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” Galatians 5:22 would spread across our land.
churches and family
For the Church:
- That we would walk in a manner worthy of the calling of God (Eph 4:1-2, Col 1:9-12).
- That we would be like-minded, unified in the Spirit through the bond of peace, and through the common belief of the truth, so that the world will know and God’s commands will be accomplished. (2 Chron 30:12, Jn 17:20-23, Eph 4:3-6, Ph 2:1-3).
- That our obedience to the word of God would result in earnest love flowing from a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith, and that we would not swerve from these (1 Tim 1:5, 1 Pet 1:22).
- That we would remember to pray for and respond to the needs of the persecuted church – our brothers and sisters who suffer and are imprisoned for their faith. Pray that they would have the right words in any circumstance, and that they would draw on God’s power and experience His peace in the midst of suffering (Jn 16:33, 2 Cor 1:8-11, Eph 6:19-20, Hebrew 13:3).
- That we would have a love for your word and a desire to study it (Ps 1:1-3, Ps 119:11, 33-37, Jer 15:16).
- That we would speak and act kindly to each other using gracious, encouraging words, actions, and tones of voice (Eph 4:29-32, Prov 4:24).
- That we would show care and respect particularly for the members of our family who are weak or elderly (Ps 71:9, 92:14; Is 40:11, 46:3-4).
- That we would not make decisions based on the pattern of the world, but that we would submit to the sanctification process becoming conformed to the likeness of Jesus. (Rom 8:29, 12:1-2)
- Pray you will be a good listener to those you meet.
- Pray you will have a love for others including strangers.
- Pray for knowledge of the scriptures and when to use them
- Pray for the ability ask critical questions.
- Pray the Lord will lead you to unsaved souls
- Pray for the ability to follow up with those you witness to
- Pray others with see Christ in you.
- Restore authority, honor, integrity and peace in American classrooms.
- Establish Godly school curriculums that lead students to a quality education and academic success.
- Hire trusted administrators, teachers and counselors who provide opportunities for every student to achieve their full potential.
- Raise up a Godly generation where wisdom is valued and instilled for discipline, diligence, teachability and ability to discern truth from error
- Establish a spirit of oneness and cooperation between administrators, staff, students and parents.
- Usher in a wave of salvations at schools and universities throughout our nation.
- Create safe spaces that would be conducive to learning.
- The school staff and parents take responsibility for solving their daily challenges.
economy, business, and unemployment
Prayers for the Redemption, Restoration and Deliverance of the economy, business community and the workers of America in the midst the storm of the pandemic
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the LORD, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the LORD as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24
Prayer targets: These are challenging times with 40 million Americans signed up for unemployment since March 2020 with estimates that 42% of the job losses are permanent.
· Economic leaders at the national level: Steve Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury, Jerome Powell, Chairmen of the Federal reserve and all the economic committees in congress
· Transportation and Warehousing workers 864, 000 out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Construction & Utilities workers 1.2 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Banking / Finance 22 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Manufacturing workers 1.8 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Arts, Entertainment & Recreation 1.9 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Administrative & Support Services 2.3 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Healthcare workers 2.8 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Retail Workers 3 million out of work since the beginning of the pandemic
· Restaurant and Hospitality 9.3 million workers out of work since the beginning of the pandemic