There are many good books on prayer. Listed below are a few recommendations from the Prayer Council.
- Bible Promises for You (NIV). This is a compilation of Scriptures by topic. Use it to identify God’s Word, will, and promises relating to a variety of topics so that you can pray according to the Scriptures.
- With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. This is an excellent and comprehensive work on prayer.
- Intercession, Thrilling and Fulfilling by Joy Dawson, This book demonstrates the power of God that is available to those who listen to His voice and obey what He says so that His hand is moved on behalf of others. She makes it clear that we are all called of God to be intercessors.
- Patterns for Prayer by Alvin VanderGriend. This book is designed to help you develop meaningful and disciplined personal daily prayer. Each page is a daily prayer guide for 1 year. Each day has topics & prayers to pray for Personal Prayer, for Family & Friends, for the Church, for the Kingdom, and for the Unsaved.
- Experiencing Prayer with Jesus by Henry & Norman Blackaby. This book examines the “kind of praying exemplified in the life of Christ” so that we might experience prayer as Jesus did.
- Let us Pray: A Symposium on Prayer contributions by Bruce Bickel, R. C. Sproul, John MacArthur, John Piper, and other leading preachers and theologians.