Local Outreach Ministries and the City of Pittsburgh
“Let Pittsburgh be more famous for God than it is for steel.” -Sam Shoemaker, 1955
Population: 2.3 million
Please pray for the Ministries Christ Church has partnered with in Pittsburgh:
- Urban Impact Foundation
- Living Ministries Men’s Shelter
- Choices Pregnancy Center
- YWAM (Youth with A Mission)
- Pine Valley Camp
- Silver Ring Thing
- Asservo Project
- Women in Crisis Ministry
- Church leadership to be united throughout the Pittsburgh area..
- For you to know where YOU might serve in the community.
- Men to take strong leadership roles in the lives of their families; and become present in the lives of their children.
- Women to support and encourage their families and each other.
- Broken families to be healed.
- The local, county, state and federal leaders to make wise and Biblical rulings.
- The strongholds of crime, abortion, drug abuse and racial hatred to be torn down.
- The city to repent and turn to God for healing and restoration. Hearts to be turned towards holiness and repentance.
- Sexual purity to be taught in churches and schools.
- The youth in the city and urban areas to be supported and mentored though young adulthood.
Unreached People Groups
The map above is a reference used to describe the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia that is approximately between 10 and 40 degrees north latitude. The 67 countries are home to 5,900 unreached people groups. 5 out of every 6 unreached people groups are in the 10/40 Window. 1/3 of the world’s land, 2/3 of the world’s people.
Please pray for the unreached people of the world. Click here to find more information about praying for the unreached.
An unreached people group is, a group of people among which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians within adequate numbers and resources to evangelize this people group without outside assistance.
- Less than 2% Evangelical Christian
- Less than 5% Professing Christian.
- Population- World: 7 Billion, Unreached People: 2.5 Billion
- People groups: 17,000, Unreached People groups: 7,000
- Great revival in the Church, for it to be cleansed, empower and send out to the lost.
- Great outpouring of God’s Spirit on the people, resulting in conviction of sin!
- Clear, biblical dreams and visions and revelations of Jesus that will draw people to him.
- Powerful signs and wonders of healing, deliverance and miracles.
- God to send more workers into His harvest in obedience to Luke 10:2.
- Church Planting movements and many to come to Christ.
- New converts to be biblically discipled and to grow in Jesus.
Please pray for the Christ Church engagement in Uganda. Click here for an inspirational prayer video.
Much of the land is fertile and well-watered. The climate is temperate in the highlands. Long known as the "Pearl of Africa".
Ministries Christ Church is currently working with to serve in Uganda:
- CEED (Christian East African Equatorial Development)
- Water wells and sustainable farming
- HCU (Healthy Communities Unlimited)
- School for 350+ students in Rural Uganda
- Literacy of the younger generations. That the children would learn to read and write, enabling them to have brighter futures, options for further education and employment, and also that they will be able to read and teach the Bible.
- The elimination of poverty among the working class. That microfinance groups will be started, which will allow otherwise poor families to make a better living.
- Sexual purity and healthy relationship boundaries to be taught.
- The men to begin to value and respect women. The family structure to be strengthened.
- More water wells to be funded and drilled through CEED. The purchase of a new drilling rig and the staff to support it.
- The development projects at God’s Love and Care School; specifically for new classrooms and a vocational school.
- The medical team that is working in rural Uganda to be staffed and funded.
- For leaders to be raised up. God’s Word to be spread and churches to be planted. Praying for spiritual growth increase.