Bicycling From Pittsburgh to Washington DC
September 9 - 14, 2018
Who? Men and their bicycles
What? 320-mile bike trip to the nation’s Capital. Spread over 5 nights out it comes to a 60 mile a day average.
When? September 9 - 14, 2018. Leaving Christ Church @ Grove Farm at 7:00 am on September 9 and returning at approximately midnight on September 14.
How much? $200 plus buy your own food for the trip.
The $200 includes:
* lodging at 2 motels and 3 campgrounds.
* a support vehicle to meet us each evening and carry bikes back to Pittsburgh from DC.
* riding Mega Bus from D.C. back to Pittsburgh.
Why? men growing together in Fitness, Fellowship, Faith and Community as we train, prepare and go together. Brothers, learning to lead and serve others for the enrichment of their families, communities, and the region.
$100 deposit to register by Saturday, March 18. There will be a bike trip table in the Commons on March 11 and March 18. A second $100 by Sunday June 3 to hold your spot on the trip. There will be no full refunds after June 3 as reservations for motels, campgrounds and bus tickets will already be made.
2. Attend the riders meeting: Saturday, April 7 - 10:30 am in Fellowship Hall – directly after the April Men’s breakfast. Mark your calendar.
3. A bicycle that is worthy of the trip as well as proper equipment (for bike and rider) needed for distance travel. List of absolute must equipment will be provided at Riders mtg. 4/7/2018 (see above).
4. A pre-trip bicycle inspection one month before the trip.
5. Riding several times through the spring and summer with the other men going to help hold each other accountable for training. You must be able to ride 60 miles a day by the time of the trip.
A Support Vehicle: will be used as necessary during the trip. Will be pulling an enclosed trailer to bring bicycles back from DC.
If you have interest, Please talk with Jay Schwartz (412.327.7055) or Mike Davis (412.965.6053). Email firstname.lastname@example.org